Close Menu
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Trending
  • Fuel Station Removed, 22,000 Liters of Diesel Seized in Sebha
  • From the Egyptian Parliament: Counselor Saleh Praises Egypt’s Role in Supporting Libya’s Stability and Unity
  • Chadian Delegation Visits Benghazi Peace Center
  • Ministry of Health Authorized to Designate International Companies for External Inspection of Drug Shipments
  • Sirte Urban Planning Authority Approves New Residential Plan
  • Former Egyptian intelligence undersecretary: Security concerns surround Convoy of Steadfastness 2
  • Seminar in Benghazi Discusses Legal Protection for Medical Practices
  • Libyan, Chadian Governments Explore Stronger Ties, Implementing Joint Pacts
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Subscribe
Tuesday, 19 May 2026
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Home » G7 leaders call for Libya elections by end of the year

G7 leaders call for Libya elections by end of the year

Sunday, May 21, 2023 National 2 Mins Read
G7 leaders call for Libya elections by end of the year

The leaders of G7 nations called on Libya to hold presidential elections by the end of this year, working with the African Union, Arab League and United Nations toward the long-delayed goal.

“We urge all Libyan stakeholders to work constructively on the political process,” said a G7 communique issued at the completion of talks in Hiroshima on Saturday. The communique focused on democratic norms and security concerns on the African continent, as well as broader issues of food security, climate challenge, China and the Russia-Ukraine conflict.

“We are seriously concerned about the growing presence of the Russia-affiliated Wagner Group forces on the continent and their destabilizing impact and human rights abuses,” the G7 said on security. “Keeping in mind the situations in West Africa and the Sahel, the Horn of Africa, and the Great Lakes regions, we will work together to support African-led efforts on peace, stability and prosperity on the continent.”

Among the concerns is March 23 Movement armed group activity in eastern Democratic Republic of Congo, with the G7 appealing to M23 to withdraw from all territories currently under its control, as well as the renewed conflict in Sudan.

Turning to Tunisia, the G7 leaders appealed to President Kais Saied to reach an agreement with the International Monetary Fund in order to address the North African nation’s economic crisis. The G7 also said they had exceeded last year’s joint commitment of US$14 billion toward global food security but would continue to provide assistance due to the extraordinary need in places including the Horn of Africa.

The G7 said it will continue to hold the G20 Compact with Africa, launched in 2017 under German leadership, as a “key framework to enhance the business environment.”

Libya
Follow on Google News Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
Previous ArticleNGOs in Italy criticize European states over migrant deaths at sea – report
Next Article Minister of Economy participates in Maghreb Banking Forum on Libya Reconstruction

Keep Reading

Fuel Station Removed, 22,000 Liters of Diesel Seized in Sebha

From the Egyptian Parliament: Counselor Saleh Praises Egypt’s Role in Supporting Libya’s Stability and Unity

Chadian Delegation Visits Benghazi Peace Center

Ministry of Health Authorized to Designate International Companies for External Inspection of Drug Shipments

Sirte Urban Planning Authority Approves New Residential Plan

Former Egyptian intelligence undersecretary: Security concerns surround Convoy of Steadfastness 2

Follow us on Twitter

The Libya Update Follow

Stay ahead of the curve with The #Libya Update - your go-to source for news and insights on Libyan politics, business, culture, and more. #LibyaNews

TheLibyaUpdate
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
20h

Ministry of Health Authorized to Designate International Companies for External ...Inspection of Drug Shipments
https://libyaupdate.com/ministry-of-health-authorized-to-designate-international-companies-for-external-inspection-of-drug-shipments/
The #Libya Update

Reply on Twitter 2056274543212167375 Retweet on Twitter 2056274543212167375 Like on Twitter 2056274543212167375 Twitter 2056274543212167375
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
22h

Former Egyptian intelligence undersecretary: Security concerns surround Convoy of ...Steadfastness 2

Reply on Twitter 2056240380404752576 Retweet on Twitter 2056240380404752576 Like on Twitter 2056240380404752576 Twitter 2056240380404752576
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
17 May

Seminar in Benghazi Discusses Legal Protection for Medical Practices

Reply on Twitter 2056074412172939743 Retweet on Twitter 2056074412172939743 Like on Twitter 2056074412172939743 Twitter 2056074412172939743
libya update
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS

News

  • National News
  • The Maghreb News
  • Middle East News
  • Business News
  • Sports News

Company

  • Information
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • GDPR Policy

Categories

  • Editors’ Picks
  • Opinion
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Videos
  • Infographics

Subscribe to Updates

    © 2026 All copyrights reserved. The Libya Update.
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertising

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.