Close Menu
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Trending
  • Director of Marriage Support Fund Praises Success of Family Guidance Program
  • Al-Butnan Anti-Illegal Migration Agency Handles 228 Illegal Migrants
  • Xi and Putin Reaffirm Robust Strategic Partnership at Beijing Summit
  • Deputy Prime Minister of the Libyan Government Discusses Cooperation with High-Level Egyptian Academic Delegation in Benghazi
  • Green Mountain Youth Organization Issues Environmental Guidelines Coinciding with Eid
  • Fourth Session of National Reconciliation and Human Rights Process Begins in Tripoli
  • From the Egyptian Parliament: Counselor Saleh Praises Egypt’s Role in Supporting Libya’s Stability and Unity
  • Ministry of Health Authorized to Designate International Companies for External Inspection of Drug Shipments
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Subscribe
Thursday, 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Home » Libyan foreign ministry says embassy in Khartoum attacked and looted

Libyan foreign ministry says embassy in Khartoum attacked and looted

Tuesday, May 30, 2023 National 2 Mins Read
Libyan foreign ministry says embassy in Khartoum attacked and looted

Libya’s foreign ministry on Tuesday condemned an attack on its embassy in the Sudanese capital Khartoum, whose buildings were ransacked and looted.

Tripoli “denounced the assault and looting” of the Libyan embassy building in Khartoum, whose staff had been evacuated due to the violence, according to a ministry statement, expressing its “deep regret and displeasure” at such acts, the Libyan ministry “calls on the parties to the conflict in Sudan to reject violence [….] and to protect diplomatic representations”, in the spirit of the Vienna Convention governing diplomatic relations between States, which “stipulates the obligation to protect embassies and diplomatic missions”.

In its statement, Libya stressed its “attachment” to the stability of Sudan and its people, but reiterated its condemnation of the attacks on the headquarters of diplomatic missions in the Sudanese capital.

Last Thursday, the Libyan ministry deplored an attack on the offices of the Libyan military attaché in Khartoum, calling for those responsible for this “criminal act” to be “identified and prosecuted”.

Several countries, including Saudi Arabia and Qatar, have deplored attacks on and looting of their embassies in Khartoum.

The last group of Libyan nationals was evacuated from Sudan on 13 May, according to the Libyan embassy in Khartoum.

Libya Sudan
Follow on Google News Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
Previous ArticleIOM: 726 migrants intercepted, returned to Libya over past week
Next Article Parliament stress to ambassador importance of British companies return to invest in Libya

Keep Reading

Director of Marriage Support Fund Praises Success of Family Guidance Program

Al-Butnan Anti-Illegal Migration Agency Handles 228 Illegal Migrants

Deputy Prime Minister of the Libyan Government Discusses Cooperation with High-Level Egyptian Academic Delegation in Benghazi

Green Mountain Youth Organization Issues Environmental Guidelines Coinciding with Eid

Fourth Session of National Reconciliation and Human Rights Process Begins in Tripoli

From the Egyptian Parliament: Counselor Saleh Praises Egypt’s Role in Supporting Libya’s Stability and Unity

Follow us on Twitter

The Libya Update Follow

Stay ahead of the curve with The #Libya Update - your go-to source for news and insights on Libyan politics, business, culture, and more. #LibyaNews

TheLibyaUpdate
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
20 May

Saddam Haftar: Shield of Dignity 2 Is a Message of Readiness and Discipline
...https://libyaupdate.com/saddam-haftar-shield-of-dignity-2-is-a-message-of-readiness-and-discipline/
The #Libya Update

Reply on Twitter 2057157811373547978 Retweet on Twitter 2057157811373547978 Like on Twitter 2057157811373547978 Twitter 2057157811373547978
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
20 May

Xi and Putin Reaffirm Robust Strategic Partnership at Beijing Summit

Reply on Twitter 2057050862724198750 Retweet on Twitter 2057050862724198750 Like on Twitter 2057050862724198750 Twitter 2057050862724198750
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
20 May

Deputy Prime Minister of the Libyan Government Discusses Cooperation with High-Level ...Egyptian Academic Delegation in Benghazi

Reply on Twitter 2056957009908416796 Retweet on Twitter 2056957009908416796 Like on Twitter 2056957009908416796 Twitter 2056957009908416796
libya update
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS

News

  • National News
  • The Maghreb News
  • Middle East News
  • Business News
  • Sports News

Company

  • Information
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • GDPR Policy

Categories

  • Editors’ Picks
  • Opinion
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Videos
  • Infographics

Subscribe to Updates

    © 2026 All copyrights reserved. The Libya Update.
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertising

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.