Close Menu
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Trending
  • US Report: Central Bank of Libya Contributes to Shaping the Future of African Banking Transformation
  • Al-Butnan Anti-Illegal Migration Agency Handles 228 Illegal Migrants
  • Saddam Haftar: Shield of Dignity 2 Is a Message of Readiness and Discipline
  • Xi and Putin Reaffirm Robust Strategic Partnership at Beijing Summit
  • Deputy Prime Minister of the Libyan Government Discusses Cooperation with High-Level Egyptian Academic Delegation in Benghazi
  • Green Mountain Youth Organization Issues Environmental Guidelines Coinciding with Eid
  • Fourth Session of National Reconciliation and Human Rights Process Begins in Tripoli
  • Wadi Al-Bawanees Discusses Support for Local Economy and Job Opportunities
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Subscribe
Thursday, 21 May 2026
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Home » NOC seeks oil production raise by 2M b/d within 3-5 years

NOC seeks oil production raise by 2M b/d within 3-5 years

Tuesday, November 1, 2022 Oil & Gas 1 Min Read
NOC seeks oil production raise by 2M b/d within 3-5 years
Farhat Bengdara, the new chief of Libya's National Oil Corporation who was appointed by the Tripoli-based Prime Minister Abdulhamid Dbeibah, gives a press conference outside the corporation's headquarters in the capital Tripoli on July 14, 2022. - The new chief took office at Libya's National Oil Corporation on July 14 in place of veteran technocrat Sanalla, prompting the United States to warn against any "armed confrontation" over the vital sector. Oil is often at the heart of political rivalries in Libya, which has two governments, one in Tripoli led by Abdulhamid Dbeibah, appointed last year as part of a United Nations-backed peace process aimed to end more than a decade of violence in the North African country. (Photo by Mahmud Turkia / AFP)

Libya’s state-owned National Oil Corporation (NOC) is planning to increase the country’s oil production to 2 million barrels per day between 3 to 5 years, announced the company’s chief Farhat Bengdara on Tuesday.

Speaking to SkyNews Arabia at the sidelines of an industry conference in Abu Dhabi, Bengdara also said that he expects this year’s production revenues to reach between 35 and 37 billion U.S. dollars.

He gave assurance that NOC does not expect any disruption in the production of oil and that “there is an understanding that oil should not be used as leverage for political gains”.

Libya National Oil Corporation
Follow on Google News Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
Previous ArticleLibya to reopen border with Sudan, says Dbeibeh
Next Article Mangoush holds talks with US diplomat on sidelines of Arab League summit

Keep Reading

Joint Oil Launches Licensing Round for Exploration and Development in Libyan-Tunisian Waters

The National Oil Corporation issues its annual technical report 2025 and confirms its commitment to transparency

Al-Brega: Fuel supplies normal and precautionary measures to ensure market stability

Limited oil price movements with continued tension between Iran and the United States

International strengthening of zero gas flaring efforts at the National Oil Corporation

Conquest of Hormuz revitalizes global supplies and leads oil to a sharp drop

Follow us on Twitter

The Libya Update Follow

Stay ahead of the curve with The #Libya Update - your go-to source for news and insights on Libyan politics, business, culture, and more. #LibyaNews

TheLibyaUpdate
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
21h

Saddam Haftar: Shield of Dignity 2 Is a Message of Readiness and Discipline
...https://libyaupdate.com/saddam-haftar-shield-of-dignity-2-is-a-message-of-readiness-and-discipline/
The #Libya Update

Reply on Twitter 2057157811373547978 Retweet on Twitter 2057157811373547978 Like on Twitter 2057157811373547978 Twitter 2057157811373547978
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
20 May

Xi and Putin Reaffirm Robust Strategic Partnership at Beijing Summit

Reply on Twitter 2057050862724198750 Retweet on Twitter 2057050862724198750 Like on Twitter 2057050862724198750 Twitter 2057050862724198750
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
20 May

Deputy Prime Minister of the Libyan Government Discusses Cooperation with High-Level ...Egyptian Academic Delegation in Benghazi

Reply on Twitter 2056957009908416796 Retweet on Twitter 2056957009908416796 Like on Twitter 2056957009908416796 Twitter 2056957009908416796
libya update
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS

News

  • National News
  • The Maghreb News
  • Middle East News
  • Business News
  • Sports News

Company

  • Information
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • GDPR Policy

Categories

  • Editors’ Picks
  • Opinion
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Videos
  • Infographics

Subscribe to Updates

    © 2026 All copyrights reserved. The Libya Update.
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertising

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.