Close Menu
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Trending
  • Fuel Station Removed, 22,000 Liters of Diesel Seized in Sebha
  • From the Egyptian Parliament: Counselor Saleh Praises Egypt’s Role in Supporting Libya’s Stability and Unity
  • Chadian Delegation Visits Benghazi Peace Center
  • Ministry of Health Authorized to Designate International Companies for External Inspection of Drug Shipments
  • Sirte Urban Planning Authority Approves New Residential Plan
  • Former Egyptian intelligence undersecretary: Security concerns surround Convoy of Steadfastness 2
  • Seminar in Benghazi Discusses Legal Protection for Medical Practices
  • Libyan, Chadian Governments Explore Stronger Ties, Implementing Joint Pacts
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Subscribe
Tuesday, 19 May 2026
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Home » 80% increase in the flow of migrants from Libya, IOM

80% increase in the flow of migrants from Libya, IOM

Thursday, March 16, 2023 National 1 Min Read
80% increase in the flow of migrants from Libya, IOM

Laurence Hart, the International Organization for Migration’s Italy and Malta director, announced that there has been a significant increase in the flow of migrants from Libya to Italy. He cited a number of reasons for this, including a hunting moratorium imposed by the Libyan government last year, which led to an increase in the number of departures.

“99% of Libyan fishermen are Egyptian, and they found themselves unemployed and without resources overnight. In addition, the Libyan shipowners no longer have the opportunity to use their ships, which were bought by the smugglers or who became the smugglers after that,” Hart said, in an interview with Nova Agency.

The agency quoted data from the Italian Ministry of the Interior, that “7,057 migrants arrived in Italy as of March 13, which represents an increase of about 80% compared to the same period last year.”

IOM Italy Laurence Hart the International Organization for Migration's Italy and Malta director
Follow on Google News Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
Previous ArticleHoR will go to another path if the 6+6 committee does not succeed, MP says
Next Article Spain announces the return of about 30 of its companies to work in Libya

Keep Reading

Fuel Station Removed, 22,000 Liters of Diesel Seized in Sebha

From the Egyptian Parliament: Counselor Saleh Praises Egypt’s Role in Supporting Libya’s Stability and Unity

Chadian Delegation Visits Benghazi Peace Center

Ministry of Health Authorized to Designate International Companies for External Inspection of Drug Shipments

Sirte Urban Planning Authority Approves New Residential Plan

Former Egyptian intelligence undersecretary: Security concerns surround Convoy of Steadfastness 2

Follow us on Twitter

The Libya Update Follow

Stay ahead of the curve with The #Libya Update - your go-to source for news and insights on Libyan politics, business, culture, and more. #LibyaNews

TheLibyaUpdate
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
15h

Ministry of Health Authorized to Designate International Companies for External ...Inspection of Drug Shipments
https://libyaupdate.com/ministry-of-health-authorized-to-designate-international-companies-for-external-inspection-of-drug-shipments/
The #Libya Update

Reply on Twitter 2056274543212167375 Retweet on Twitter 2056274543212167375 Like on Twitter 2056274543212167375 Twitter 2056274543212167375
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
17h

Former Egyptian intelligence undersecretary: Security concerns surround Convoy of ...Steadfastness 2

Reply on Twitter 2056240380404752576 Retweet on Twitter 2056240380404752576 Like on Twitter 2056240380404752576 Twitter 2056240380404752576
thelibyaupdate The Libya Update @thelibyaupdate ·
17 May

Seminar in Benghazi Discusses Legal Protection for Medical Practices

Reply on Twitter 2056074412172939743 Retweet on Twitter 2056074412172939743 Like on Twitter 2056074412172939743 Twitter 2056074412172939743
libya update
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS

News

  • National News
  • The Maghreb News
  • Middle East News
  • Business News
  • Sports News

Company

  • Information
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • GDPR Policy

Categories

  • Editors’ Picks
  • Opinion
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Videos
  • Infographics

Subscribe to Updates

    © 2026 All copyrights reserved. The Libya Update.
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertising

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.