Close Menu
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Trending
  • Nursing Training in Tripoli on Managing Cardiac Arrest Cases
  • ‘Kafa’ Moves from Darkness to the Streets as Dbeibah’s Government Faces Years of Anger
  • Speaker of the House of Representatives Discusses Arrangements for the Asian-African Parliamentary Council
  • Tittieh: 4+4 Committee Meeting Makes Progress on Legal and Constitutional Path for Elections
  • Libyan Center for Research and Rural Development Discusses Supporting Development in Al-Qubah
  • Detention of 9 People in Al-Khums over Forging Civil Status Data and Granting Foreigners Citizenship Rights
  • National Safety Authority Extinguishes Fire in Dabusiya Area of Green Mountain
  • Libya Reconstruction and Development Fund Delivers 150 Vehicles to Support Safety and Sanitation in Benghazi
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Subscribe
Friday, 21 August 2026
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Home » Italy will allow Ocean Viking to dock and disembark 113 migrants

Italy will allow Ocean Viking to dock and disembark 113 migrants

Wednesday, December 28, 2022 Region & World 2 Mins Read
Italy will allow Ocean Viking to dock and disembark 113 migrants

Italy will allow the Ocean Viking humanitarian ship to dock at an Italian port and disembark 113 people rescued from the waters of the Mediterranean, a French NGO said Tuesday.

The humanitarian vessel, run by SOS Mediterranee, was at the center of a standoff between France and Italy in November, when Italy’s new far-right government under Prime Minister Giorgia Meloni blocked access to its ports, AFP reported.

The 230 migrants on board at the time were eventually allowed to disembark in France after spending weeks at sea – heightening tensions between the two countries.

On Tuesday, SOS Mediterranee said the ship had been given permission to dock at the port of Ravenna in northeastern Italy, although it said it would take “four long days of navigation” to reach it.

The migrants on board were rescued overnight Monday in international waters close to Libya, as the boat carried out its first rescue operation since docking in France last month.

Among those who had been rescued were 23 women including some who were pregnant, according to the NGO, plus around 30 unaccompanied minors and three babies.

The youngest baby rescued is only three weeks old.

Every year many people fleeing Africa and the Middle East seek to enter Greece, Italy and Spain in hope of better lives in the European Union.

The International Organization for Migration has recorded nearly 2,000 migrants as dead or missing in the Mediterranean Sea this year.

Italy Libya Migrants Ocean Viking
Follow on Google News Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
Previous ArticleFailed assassination attempt on the mayor of Zilten, western Libya
Next Article China President: We desire to consolidate cooperative relations with Libya

Keep Reading

Arab Parliament Urges International Community to Act Swiftly to Protect Palestinian People

Tehran condemns Britain for allowing Washington to use its bases to strike Iran, calls it an act of aggression

More than 2,300 settlers storm Al-Aqsa Mosque led by extremist Ben Gvir

Moments after Lindsey Graham’s death, Norman announces his candidacy for the US Senate

UN appoints Rabab Fatima as special envoy to Afghanistan

China calls Trump’s accusations fabricated, malicious slanders with no basis

Follow us on Twitter

The Libya Update Verified account Follow

Stay ahead of the curve with The #Libya Update - your go-to source for news and insights on Libyan politics, business, culture, and more. #LibyaNews

TheLibyaUpdate
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
16h

Speaker of the House of Representatives Discusses Arrangements for the Asian-African Parliamentary Council

Reply on Twitter 2090516077394506080 Retweet on Twitter 2090516077394506080 Like on Twitter 2090516077394506080 Twitter 2090516077394506080
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
20 Aug

Tittieh: 4+4 Committee Meeting Makes Progress on Legal and Constitutional Path for Elections

Reply on Twitter 2090337615702610354 Retweet on Twitter 2090337615702610354 1 Like on Twitter 2090337615702610354 1 Twitter 2090337615702610354
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
19 Aug

Deputy Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces, Lieutenant General Saddam Haftar, meets His Excellency Russian President Vladimir Putin at the Kremlin in the capital, #Moscow, during his official visit to the Russian Federation.

Lieutenant General Saddam Haftar conveyed the

Reply on Twitter 2090158157913846176 Retweet on Twitter 2090158157913846176 1 Like on Twitter 2090158157913846176 9 Twitter 2090158157913846176
libya update
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS

News

  • National News
  • The Maghreb News
  • Middle East News
  • Business News
  • Sports News

Company

  • Information
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • GDPR Policy

Categories

  • Editors’ Picks
  • Opinion
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Videos
  • Infographics

Subscribe to Updates

    © 2026 All copyrights reserved. The Libya Update.
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertising

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.