Close Menu
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Trending
  • Tittieh: 4+4 Committee Meeting Makes Progress on Legal and Constitutional Path for Elections
  • Libyan Center for Research and Rural Development Discusses Supporting Development in Al-Qubah
  • Detention of 9 People in Al-Khums over Forging Civil Status Data and Granting Foreigners Citizenship Rights
  • National Safety Authority Extinguishes Fire in Dabusiya Area of Green Mountain
  • Libya Reconstruction and Development Fund Delivers 150 Vehicles to Support Safety and Sanitation in Benghazi
  • Deportation of 174 Bangladeshi Migrants from Benghazi via Benina International Airport
  • Atajan: Turkey’s Support for Western Libya Over the Past Seven Years Has Not Yielded Tangible Gains for Ankara
  • Al-Abani: Closer Turkish and Egyptian Positions Aligning with the US Path Boost Chances for a Real Settlement in Libya
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Subscribe
Thursday, 20 August 2026
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Home » Foreign fighters evacuation from Libya starts early November, says military source

Foreign fighters evacuation from Libya starts early November, says military source

Sunday, October 17, 2021 Region & World 2 Mins Read
Foreign fighters evacuation from Libya starts early November, says military source

Foreign fighters in Libya will be gathered in four main centers, starting from the beginning of next November, in preparation for launching the process of evacuating them from the country, Libyan military source told Al-Bayan newspaper.

Launch of the evacuation plan, which will include, in a first stage, the mercenaries, will be officially announced in Libya Stability Conference, which is scheduled next Thursday, the source said.

The first anniversary of the military agreement, October 23, will witness a meeting of the the Libyan 5+5 Joint Military Committee JMC in Sirte, in the presence of the UN envoy, Jan Kubis, to finalize the plan to evacuate foreign fighters from all Libyan lands, it added.

JMC member Major General Mukhtar al-Naqasa said the first stage of the evacuation process will start with mercenaries, pointing out that the date and numbers for each stage will be determined after the meeting with the relevant countries.

He indicated that the international observers will be from several countries and will work with the local observers under the instructions of JMC, pointing out that the work of the international observers is to supervise the exit of foreign fighters and report any violation to JMC.

It is noteworthy that JMC had earlier announced an action plan to gradually remove mercenaries and foreign fighters from Libya.

Libyan plan for foreign forces exit

5+5 JMC Libya Mercenaries UNSMIL
Follow on Google News Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
Previous ArticleMenfi, Mihoub discuss elections and reconciliation
Next Article Libyan Ittihad, Tunisian Taraji meet today in CAF Champions League

Keep Reading

Arab Parliament Urges International Community to Act Swiftly to Protect Palestinian People

Tehran condemns Britain for allowing Washington to use its bases to strike Iran, calls it an act of aggression

More than 2,300 settlers storm Al-Aqsa Mosque led by extremist Ben Gvir

Moments after Lindsey Graham’s death, Norman announces his candidacy for the US Senate

UN appoints Rabab Fatima as special envoy to Afghanistan

China calls Trump’s accusations fabricated, malicious slanders with no basis

Follow us on Twitter

The Libya Update Verified account Follow

Stay ahead of the curve with The #Libya Update - your go-to source for news and insights on Libyan politics, business, culture, and more. #LibyaNews

TheLibyaUpdate
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
24h

Libyan Center for Research and Rural Development Discusses Supporting Development in Al-Qubah

Reply on Twitter 2089984404303028620 Retweet on Twitter 2089984404303028620 Like on Twitter 2089984404303028620 Twitter 2089984404303028620
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
19 Aug

Detention of 9 People in Al-Khums over Forging Civil Status Data and Granting Foreigners Citizenship Rights

Reply on Twitter 2089887958169989578 Retweet on Twitter 2089887958169989578 Like on Twitter 2089887958169989578 Twitter 2089887958169989578
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
18 Aug

National Safety Authority Extinguishes Fire in Dabusiya Area of Green Mountain

Reply on Twitter 2089812859349852550 Retweet on Twitter 2089812859349852550 Like on Twitter 2089812859349852550 Twitter 2089812859349852550
libya update
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS

News

  • National News
  • The Maghreb News
  • Middle East News
  • Business News
  • Sports News

Company

  • Information
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • GDPR Policy

Categories

  • Editors’ Picks
  • Opinion
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Videos
  • Infographics

Subscribe to Updates

    © 2026 All copyrights reserved. The Libya Update.
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertising

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.