Close Menu
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Trending
  • Al-Abani: Closer Turkish and Egyptian Positions Aligning with the US Path Boost Chances for a Real Settlement in Libya
  • National Center for Animal Health Investigates Sheep Deaths in Southern Tunisia
  • Al-Naam: Construction, Renovation, and Changing Property Status Without Permits Are Considered Municipal Guard Violations
  • Special Forces and “Skydive Benghazi” Set World Record in Freefall Jump
  • General Command’s Women’s Office Mourns Major General Fawzi Al-Mansouri, Affirms Support for Investigation
  • Al-Brega: Loss of the Al-Zawiya tank will affect storage and distribution and require significant costs to rebuild
  • Benghazi Municipality Discusses Boosting Local Revenues
  • Experts: Money laundering is a form of quick wealth in Libya as chaos has created a favorable environment for it
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Subscribe
Monday, 17 August 2026
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Home » Prosecutor Orders Arrest of Abu Salim Massacre Perpetrators 

Prosecutor Orders Arrest of Abu Salim Massacre Perpetrators 

Saturday, February 24, 2024 National 2 Mins Read
Libyan Attorney General Confirms Maintenance Lapses at Collapsed Derna Dams

Tripoli, Libya – Libya’s public prosecution has ordered the arrest and detention of those responsible for the Abu Salim massacre that left 10 people dead. The prosecutor’s office statement did not identify any suspects.

The attorney general’s office said it acted after receiving a report that 10 people gathered at a house in the Abu Salim area were killed for various reasons. Investigators inspected the crime scene, documented observations, gathered evidence, and examined the victims’ bodies.

Autopsy reports indicated the victims died of gunshot wounds from firearms. The prosecution said the investigation has obtained evidence to understand the circumstances around the incident and identify the perpetrators.

The attorney general directed Tripoli security authorities to apprehend and detain the accused suspects.

Last Sunday, Tripoli’s security director announced that Abu Salim police station received a report around 1:30 AM Sunday about the killing of 10 people, some affiliated with the Stability Support Apparatus, by an armed unidentified group near the Abushaala Mosque.

Prosecutors and criminal investigators visited the site to collect fingerprint evidence and inspect the house where the bodies were found. The deceased had several gunshot wounds and were taken to the Abu Salim Trauma Hospital morgue while the prosecution ordered forensic examination to determine details around the killings.

The UN mission in Libya called for an “independent, rapid and thorough investigation” into the massacre and urged parties to prevent escalation of violence. The UN has previously warned of serious risks from ongoing security factions’ rivalries in Tripoli.

Follow on Google News Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
Previous ArticleMarshal Haftar holds talks with tribal leaders from the Al-Butnan region
Next Article GNU Oil Minister Defends Energy Partnerships With Europe, US Based on Equality

Keep Reading

Al-Abani: Closer Turkish and Egyptian Positions Aligning with the US Path Boost Chances for a Real Settlement in Libya

Al-Naam: Construction, Renovation, and Changing Property Status Without Permits Are Considered Municipal Guard Violations

Special Forces and “Skydive Benghazi” Set World Record in Freefall Jump

General Command’s Women’s Office Mourns Major General Fawzi Al-Mansouri, Affirms Support for Investigation

Benghazi Municipality Discusses Boosting Local Revenues

Al-Hasadi Calls for Accountability of Dbeibeh Government over Failure to Counter Drone Attacks in Al-Zawiya

Follow us on Twitter

The Libya Update Verified account Follow

Stay ahead of the curve with The #Libya Update - your go-to source for news and insights on Libyan politics, business, culture, and more. #LibyaNews

TheLibyaUpdate
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
16h

Al-Abani: Closer Turkish and Egyptian Positions Aligning with the US Path Boost Chances for a Real Settlement in Libya

Reply on Twitter 2089034622898221246 Retweet on Twitter 2089034622898221246 Like on Twitter 2089034622898221246 Twitter 2089034622898221246
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
21h

National Center for Animal Health Investigates Sheep Deaths in Southern Tunisia

Reply on Twitter 2088958755375337794 Retweet on Twitter 2088958755375337794 1 Like on Twitter 2088958755375337794 Twitter 2088958755375337794
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
15 Aug

Al-Naam: Construction, Renovation, and Changing Property Status Without Permits Are Considered Municipal Guard Violations

Reply on Twitter 2088720729760018505 Retweet on Twitter 2088720729760018505 Like on Twitter 2088720729760018505 Twitter 2088720729760018505
libya update
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS

News

  • National News
  • The Maghreb News
  • Middle East News
  • Business News
  • Sports News

Company

  • Information
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • GDPR Policy

Categories

  • Editors’ Picks
  • Opinion
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Videos
  • Infographics

Subscribe to Updates

    © 2026 All copyrights reserved. The Libya Update.
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertising

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.