Close Menu
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Trending
  • Atajan: Turkey’s Support for Western Libya Over the Past Seven Years Has Not Yielded Tangible Gains for Ankara
  • Al-Abani: Closer Turkish and Egyptian Positions Aligning with the US Path Boost Chances for a Real Settlement in Libya
  • National Center for Animal Health Investigates Sheep Deaths in Southern Tunisia
  • Al-Naam: Construction, Renovation, and Changing Property Status Without Permits Are Considered Municipal Guard Violations
  • Special Forces and “Skydive Benghazi” Set World Record in Freefall Jump
  • General Command’s Women’s Office Mourns Major General Fawzi Al-Mansouri, Affirms Support for Investigation
  • Al-Brega: Loss of the Al-Zawiya tank will affect storage and distribution and require significant costs to rebuild
  • Benghazi Municipality Discusses Boosting Local Revenues
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Subscribe
Monday, 17 August 2026
  • Home
  • National
  • Region & World
    • The Maghreb
    • Middle East
  • Business
    • Oil & Gas
    • Economy
    • Analysis
  • Opinion
  • Editors’ Picks
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Sports
Libya Update NewsLibya Update News
Home » Photos: World War II military site discovered in Tobruk east Libya

Photos: World War II military site discovered in Tobruk east Libya

Saturday, July 24, 2021 Around Libya 2 Mins Read
Photos: World War II military site discovered in Tobruk east Libya

Members of Tobruk Association for Heritage and Historical Studies discovered a military site east of Tobruk city dating back to 1936, which is considered a landmark and symbol of World War II period, part of it took place in Tobruk area.

The site has the fascist logo on it with Italian words.

Omar al-Hunaid, head of the Association, said on Friday in a press statement, that the discovery of the site came after a report submitted by a citizen on Thursday who found an Italian site underground.

He stated that the site had not been discovered, pointing out that it dates back to 1936, and it contains historical drawings and some water buckets.

It consists of a bathroom, a kitchen and a catering store. It has two, upper and lower, entrances, and it has a long corridor. The lighting places are still present, and no one had entered it since that date, al-Hunaid confirmed.

Al-Hunaid said the site might had been seized by the famous Australian “Rats of Tobruk” military battalion in 1942, as names of soldiers of the battalion were found on the walls.

The Head of Tobruk Association for Heritage and Historical Studies called on Libyan authorities to pay attention to such historical places, pointing out that Tobruk has many historical places that have not yet been discovered, where it was a battle ground in World War II.

Italy Libya World War II
Follow on Google News Follow on Facebook Follow on X (Twitter)
Share. Facebook Twitter Pinterest LinkedIn Email Reddit Telegram WhatsApp Copy Link
Previous ArticleEl-Forjani: All of Cyrenaica is without COVID vaccine, and GNU failed in service and health files
Next Article Haftar: We will create the conditions for the elections success, and we call on all Libyans to register to vote

Keep Reading

Atajan: Turkey’s Support for Western Libya Over the Past Seven Years Has Not Yielded Tangible Gains for Ankara

Al-Abani: Closer Turkish and Egyptian Positions Aligning with the US Path Boost Chances for a Real Settlement in Libya

Al-Naam: Construction, Renovation, and Changing Property Status Without Permits Are Considered Municipal Guard Violations

Special Forces and “Skydive Benghazi” Set World Record in Freefall Jump

General Command’s Women’s Office Mourns Major General Fawzi Al-Mansouri, Affirms Support for Investigation

Benghazi Municipality Discusses Boosting Local Revenues

Follow us on Twitter

The Libya Update Verified account Follow

Stay ahead of the curve with The #Libya Update - your go-to source for news and insights on Libyan politics, business, culture, and more. #LibyaNews

TheLibyaUpdate
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
16 Aug

Al-Abani: Closer Turkish and Egyptian Positions Aligning with the US Path Boost Chances for a Real Settlement in Libya

Reply on Twitter 2089034622898221246 Retweet on Twitter 2089034622898221246 Like on Twitter 2089034622898221246 Twitter 2089034622898221246
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
16 Aug

National Center for Animal Health Investigates Sheep Deaths in Southern Tunisia

Reply on Twitter 2088958755375337794 Retweet on Twitter 2088958755375337794 1 Like on Twitter 2088958755375337794 Twitter 2088958755375337794
thelibyaupdate

The Libya Update

Verified account @thelibyaupdate ·
15 Aug

Al-Naam: Construction, Renovation, and Changing Property Status Without Permits Are Considered Municipal Guard Violations

Reply on Twitter 2088720729760018505 Retweet on Twitter 2088720729760018505 Like on Twitter 2088720729760018505 Twitter 2088720729760018505
libya update
Facebook X (Twitter) RSS

News

  • National News
  • The Maghreb News
  • Middle East News
  • Business News
  • Sports News

Company

  • Information
  • Ethics Policy
  • Corrections Policy
  • Fact-Checking Policy
  • GDPR Policy

Categories

  • Editors’ Picks
  • Opinion
  • Health & Lifestyle
  • Videos
  • Infographics

Subscribe to Updates

    © 2026 All copyrights reserved. The Libya Update.
    • About Us
    • Privacy Policy
    • Advertising

    Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.